CBSE Scholarship 2020 For Class 12, 10, 9, 8: Central Board of Secondary Education offers various scholarships for students to empower education and to provide financial support for poor children. CBSE provides various scholarship schemes for the students include: CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship, Shiksha Abhiyan Scholarship, All India Meritorious Scholarship, NCERT Scholarship, National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), National Scholarship Exam (NSE), Vidyadhan Scholarship, INSPIRE Scholarship, Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS), and AICTE-Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC). Eligible students can register themselves with the CBSE official website. Students seeking to apply for CBSE Scholarship can check the eligibility criteria, application process, rewards, and other important details from this article.
CBSE Scholarship 2020 For Class 12, 10, 9, 8, Single girl child @ cbse.nic.in
Central Board of Secondary Education is the national level education board that offers education for secondary and higher secondary courses. CBSE also conducts various competitive examinations across the nation. CBSE provides affiliation to a large number of schools across the nation. CBSE Board is one of the primary boards of the nation. This board also offers merit scholarships, scholarships for poor students, and various other financial types of scholarships annually. Students can check the CBSE Scholarship details from this article.
CBSE Scholarships List
- CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship,
- Shiksha Abhiyan Scholarship,
- All India Meritorious Scholarship,
- NCERT Scholarship, National Talent Search Examination (NTSE),
- National Scholarship Exam (NSE),
- Vidyadhan Scholarship,
- INSPIRE Scholarship,
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS),
- AICTE-Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC)
1. CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
CBSE provides a scholarship for a single girl child for the parents. This scholarship is prided to encourage education in girl children.
To apply for this CBSE Scholarship, students need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
A single girl student who has scored 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks/grades in CBSE Class X Examination and is studying in Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year.
NRI single girl students can also apply for this scholarship. The tuition fee decided for them is 6,000/- per month.
A girl student will get a scholarship of Rs. 500/- per month for a maximum period of two years
How to Apply
Students need to visit the official CBSE website. The online application process for this scholarship will end on 31st October 2019 (Extended).
2. Shiksha Abhiyan Scholarship
The Shiksha Abhiyan Scholarship was implemented by the Modi Foundation. It provides scholarships to all category students from any school in India with the core philosophy of “No youth should be deprived and left behind from education”.
- Only students from Class 8 to 12 can apply.
- Students from any recognized Indian school/Board with consistent attendance and good academic record are eligible.
- Only Indian students can apply for this scholarship.
- Those who are waiting for their Board results can also apply for this scholarship.
|Rank||No. of Students||Amount|
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates can check the information from the CBSE official website and apply through the provided link.
3. All India Meritorious Scholarship
All India Meritorious Scholarship Test (AIMST) is offered to the students for needy students who are competing for online exams. The scholarship will be given for 62 students, whose family income is less. The scholarship will be given based on board marks and interview.
This is the CBSE Scholarship 2019 for Class 12, Class 12 pass outs and Class 11 students.
Students who have got their Class 10 results but not yet enrolled for Class 11 are also eligible for this CBSE Scholarship.
|First prize||Top 2 winners will get 25000/- each.|
|Second prize||Top 20 winners will get 10,000/- each.|
|Third prize||Top 40 winners will get 5,000/- each.|
|80 percentile & above will get certificates||1000|
How to Apply
Students who want to apply for this CBSE Scholarship 2019 need to visit the official website.
4. NCERT Scholarship
CBSE students who passed the class 10th can apply for the NCERT Scholarship. Students who are financially backward can avail of this scholarship to continue their higher studies. Upon qualifying the NCERT test, students will get this scholarship. the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) is going to examine the nation.
- A regular Class 10th student can apply for this scholarship.
- Students need to secure 45% for SC/ST categories and 55% for General categories in their 9th standard exam.
- Students must be in between 8-18 years to apply for this Scholarship.
Qualified students can get financial assistance for their higher studies.
How to Apply
Visit the CBSE official portal to check the details of the NCERT Scholarship.
5. National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
NCERT Started offering a scholarship for merit students through conducting the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) across the nation. The NCERT started conducting the NTSE examination since 1963. Students who are pursuing class 10th can participate in the NTSE examination. NTSE Examination consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- Only students who are in the Class 10th can apply.
- Student’s age should not exceed 18 years.
Qualified students will get a cash reward of Rs 500 every month till the end of their education [except Ph.D.].
How to Apply
Eligible students can fill up the application form on the NCERT official website. The application forms should be signed by the school principals.
6. National Scholarship Exam (NSE)
National Institute of Career Education (N.I.C.E.) every year conducts the National Scholarship Exam (NSE) across the nation to offer financial support for merit students.
This is the CBSE Scholarship 2019 which is open to all the students of India. But only students from CBSE/ICSE/SSC affiliated schools can apply for this scholarship.
NSE Scholarship Cash Reward
|Sr. No.||Standard||Board / University||1st Rank||2nd Rank||3rd Rank||4th Rank||5th Rank|
|01||5th||Any||Rs. 9,000||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 7,000||Rs. 6,000||Rs. 5,000|
|02||6th||Any||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 9,000||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 7,000||Rs. 6,000|
|03||7th||Any||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 9,000||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 7,000|
|04||8th||Any||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 9,000||Rs. 8,000|
|05||9th||Any||Rs. 13,000||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 9,000|
|06||10th||Any||Rs. 14,000||Rs. 13,000||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 10,000|
|07||11th||Any||Rs. 15,000||Rs. 14,000||Rs. 13,000||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 11,000|
|08||12th||Any||Rs. 16,000||Rs. 15,000||Rs. 14,000||Rs. 13,000||Rs. 12,000|
|09||Diploma (Any Stream)||Any||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 15,000||Rs. 10,000|
|10||Degree (Any Stream||Any||Rs. 35,000||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 15,000|
How to apply
Eligible students can apply through NCERT official website.
7. Vidyadhan Scholarship
Class 10th Passed students from the CBSE board can apply for Vidyadhan Scholarship from Sarojini Damodaran Foundation. The scholarship will be offered for 2 years for the deserving candidates. At present, 2800 students are getting the Vidyadhan Scholarship across the nation.
- Students who score 90% marks/ 9 CGPA in their Class 10th are eligible for this scholarship.
- Students whose family income is less than Rs. 2 Lakhs are eligible for the scholarship.
CBSE will offer Rs 6,000/- for class 11th and class 12th students.
How to Apply
Students who have passed the class 10th from CBSE board can apply for this scholarship through the CBSE portal. Students are advised to give their mail-id while filling up the application form.
8. INSPIRE Scholarship
The INSPIRE Scholarship is going to be offered for the science students. This program was developed by the Department of Science & Technology to encourage the Science study at an early age. The INSPIRE Scholarship is granted for strengthening and expanding the S&T system and R&D base.
This CBSE Scholarship has three components:
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
- Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS)
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC)
Students who are among the top 1% in Class 12th are pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. levels are eligible for this scholarship.
Students who have among the top 10,000 in JEE Advanced, JEE Main & NEET Exam and who also opt to study Natural and Basic sciences in any academic institute or university leading to graduate and post-graduate degrees are eligible.
Students admitted to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai or happen to be Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and Science Olympiad Medalists, National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), opting to undertake courses in the Natural & Basic sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees are eligible for “SHE” scholarship.
Students are going to obtain the Bachelor and Masters level education in the Natural & Basic sciences will be offered a scholarship of 80,000/- every year.
How to Apply
Students need to visit online-inspire.gov.in/ to register themselves for this scholarship program.
9. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS)
CBSE offers this a merit-cum-means scholarship program for class 12th students. The CSSS program will help meritorious students financially to complete their higher studies.
- Students who got 80% above marks in 12th class in the relevant stream can apply for CSSS Scholarship.
- Students must be gone through a regular course.
- Students must not be receiving any other scholarship.
- Students whose family income is less than 6 Lakhs per year are eligible.
Students will be given a scholarship of 10,000/- per year at Graduation level for the first three years and 20,000/- per annum at the Post-Graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses will get 20,000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th years.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, students have to register at the National Scholarship Portal. Select the post-matric option in the drop-down menu and select the “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” and proceed with the application form.
10. AICTE- Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC)
SSCG Scholarship, which is offered by the CBSE is also known as the “Pragati Scholarship”. This scholarship scheme was initiated by MHRD, this scholarship is particularly implemented to empower the girl child’s technical education.
- The girl should be an Indian only.
- Only one girl child per family is eligible.
- But it can be extended for Two Girl Child per family where the family income is less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per year.
- Students who got admission in Diploma/Degree 1st Year courses offered by the AICTE approved institutes in State/ Centre Government are eligible to apply for this scholarship
The girl will get a scholarship as Tuition Fee of 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and 2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
How to Apply
Initially, Students need to register themselves at the AICTE official website. After that by clicking on the relevant link, they can apply for this CBSE Scholarship.
Other Scholarships Provided by the CBSE
- 1 CBSE Scholarship 2020 For Class 12, 10, 9, 8, Single girl child @ cbse.nic.in
- 1.1 1. CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
- 1.2 2. Shiksha Abhiyan Scholarship
- 1.3 3. All India Meritorious Scholarship
- 1.4 4. NCERT Scholarship
- 1.5 5. National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
- 1.6 6. National Scholarship Exam (NSE)
- 1.7 7. Vidyadhan Scholarship
- 1.8 8. INSPIRE Scholarship
- 1.9 9. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS)
- 1.10 10. AICTE- Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC)
- 1.11 Other Scholarships Provided by the CBSE