JNTUK Guidelines for the conduct of UG/PG Project viva voce Exams Online
All the Principals of constituent and affiliated colleges including autonomous colleges under JNTUK hereby informed that vide ref. 1 cited above, UGC has issued guidelines on Examinations and Academic Calendar in view of COVID-l9 Pandemic. Vide ref. 2 cited above, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, JNTUK accorded permission for conducting UG/PG Project viva voce examinations online through video conferencing without compromising the quality and observing the UGC guidelines. In this connection, the following guidelines are issued for conducting UG/PG Project viva voce examinations online.
1. The UG/PG Project viva voce examinations can be conducted online through video conferencing using any reliable and mutually convenient video conferencing application subjected to approval from Director of Evaluation/Controller of Examinations.
2. The Head of the Department/Internal Examiner shall schedule the video conference for the project viva voce after consulting the External examiner. The viva voce examinations shall be conducted as per the schedule released for the UG programmes and within 15 days from the date of appointment of External Examiner for PG programmes.
3. The schedule of viva voce and link for joining the video conference shall be sent to the Controller of Examinations, JNTUK immediately after fixing and the same shall also be shared with other faculty members of the college, interested experts/researchers as applicable.
4. The Head of the Department/Internal examiner shall identify and introduce each candidate at the start of the viva voce examination and record the entire viva voce examination. The video recordings are to be maintained at the college examination branch and a copy is to be submitted to the Controller of Examinations along with hard copy of viva voce report.
5. In case of any difficulty in conducting the examination as per schedule, the viva voce examination can be rescheduled and same shall be communicated to the Controller of Examinations.
6. If any candidate is not able to join the video conference due to technical problems or network issues, they may be given another chance for attending the viva voce duly obtaining the permission from the Controller of Examinations.
7. Immediately after the completion of viva voce Examination, the marks/grades of each candidate shall be finalized. The External Examiners are requested to post the marks/grade awarded to each candidate on the forms sent by mail. The signed copy of the same shall be sent to the mail id email@example.com. Subsequently, The Head of the Department/Internal examiner shall prepare the viva voce report with grades/marks awarded by External Examiner, attendance sheet and send to the External Examiner for his/her signature. Later the same is to be obtained from the External Examiner by post and submitted to the University Examination Centre duly signed by the Principal of the college.
8. The viva voce reports shall be submitted to the Controller of Examinations as per the schedule for UG programmes at the earliest.
9. The autonomous colleges affiliated to JNTUK are also informed to follow these guidelines for the conduct of UG/PG Project viva voce.