Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission For 6th Class: JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2019-20 will be held on Saturday, the 6th April 2019 at 11:15 A.M. in one phase for all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. The last date to submit online application is 30th November 2018.
In accordance with the National Policy of Education (1986), Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). Presently the JNVs are spread in 28 States and 07 Union Territories. These are co-educational residential schools fully financed and administered by Government of India through an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Admissions in JNVs are made through the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST (JNVST) to Class VI. The medium of instruction in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language up to Class VIII and English thereafter for Maths and Science and Hindi for Social Science. Students of the JNVs appear for X and XII class examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education. While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniform and textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected from the students of Classes IX to XII only towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. Students belonging to SC/ST categories, Girl students and the students whose family income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted. Rs.1500/- per student per month is collected from all students whose parents are Govt. Employees.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test – 2019
Navodaya 6th Class Entrance Test Important Dates:
|Online Application Starts From||24th October, 2018|
|Last date||30th November, 2018|
|Date of Examination||6th April 2019|
According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 661 Vidyalayas are sanctioned in 28 States and 07 Union Territories, out of which 629 are functioning. The State-wise distribution of JNVs sanctioned is as under:
|Andhra Pradesh||13+02**||Himachal Pradesh||12||Punjab||22+01**|
|Assam||27+01**||Jammu & Kashmir||22+01**||Pudducherry||04|
|Andaman & Nicobar |
|Daman & Diu||02||Manipur||09+02**||West Bengal||19+01**|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||01||Meghalaya||11+01**||Total 638+22**+1*= 661|
** Additional JNVs sanctioned for the Districts having large concentration of SC/ST population.
** Additional Special JNV
A maximum of eighty students are admitted in Class VI in each Vidyalaya through a Selection Test subject to availability of suitable candidates. The Samiti reserves the right to reduce the seats to forty or to withhold result and/or withhold admission and/or withhold ** Additional conduct of JNVST in case adequate accommodation is not available.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JNV SELECTION TEST
Procedure to register online for JNV Selection Test 2019
(i) The process for submission of application for JNV Selection Test has been simplified through online process. Registration can be done free of cost through the admission portal of NVS linked through www.navodaya.gov.in Verification of proofs for residence, age, eligibility etc will be done for selected candidates through the laid down procedure after the declaration of results.
(ii) The eligible candidates have to fill up the online form and upload the certificate issued by the Head Master/Principal where the candidate is studying in class V with the photograph along with signatures of both candidate and his /her parent/guardian. The attachments should be uploaded in jpg format of the size between 10-100 kb only.
(iii) In case of candidates from NIOS, candidates should obtain “B” certificate and residence should be in the same district where he / she is seeking admission.
(iv) Online platform is in open source and free of cost. Application may be submitted from any source like desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet etc.
(v) In all JNVs a help desk will be available to assist the candidates/parents to upload application free of cost. Parents may also approach the help desk in JNV along with candidate and required documents such as certificate signed by the Head Master, photograph and a mobile phone with valid mobile number for receiving the registration number and password through SMS for registration process.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
1. Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, if the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya has not started in the newly bifurcated district as yet.
2. A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2006 and after 30-04-2010 (Both days are inclusive). This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST). In case of doubtful cases of overage in comparison to the age recorded in the certificate, they may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age. The decision of the medical board will be treated as final.
3. A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2018-19 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or “B” certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission. A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. Schools where students have obtained “B” certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2018-19. Actual admission in Class-VI for the session 2019-20 will be subject to the mentioned condition.
4. A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
5. Candidates who will be passing “B” certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling on or before 30th September, 2018 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group. The rural status of a child from National Institute of Open Schooling will be decided on the basis of a certificate to be issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District indicating that the child has been residing in rural areas for the last three years. Students studying under the above scheme and residing in urban and notified areas are not eligible for obtaining seat in rural quota.
6. A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2018 is not eligible to apply.
7. No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
FOR RURAL CANDIDATES
A) At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
B) A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized school(s) located in rural areas. However, the candidate should study full academic session in Class-V from the same district where admission is sought.
C) Candidates studying under the schemes of National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer.
FOR URBAN CANDIDATES
A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2011 census or through a subsequent Government notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
FOR TRANSGENDER CANDIDATES
No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories such as Rural, Urban, SC, ST and Divyang.