JOSAA Counselling Schedule 2020: Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has announced the counseling schedule for JEE Main and Advanced categories. As per the announcement, the counseling will be done in 7 rounds. With the JoSAA Counseling students those have qualified in JEE Advanced can get admission into IITs/ NITs/IIITs/GFTIs.
JOSAA Counselling Schedule 2020 – Registration/Choice Filling Dates @ josaa.nic.in
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 100 institutes for the academic year 2020-21. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.
Schedule of Events of JoSAA 2020 : Counselling Dates Rank Wise Schedule:
JoSAA 2020 – Important points to note
1. JoSAA-2020 Registration process is mandatory for any qualified candidate interested in joining any of the IITs, NITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and Other-GFTIs (within the purview of JoSAA2020). The process of registration requires candidates to reconfirm a few basic details, viz. gender, state code of eligibility and nationality, and provide their contact details.
2. To accept allotted seats (and continue to be a part of JoSAA-2020 till the final round of seat allocation), candidates must upload ALL required documents and MUST pay seat acceptance fee as per the details provided at http://josaa.nic.in.
3. The number of days and time available for document upload, query response and verification for seat acceptance in various rounds will be strictly adhered to. Candidates are advised to keep visiting http://josaa.nic.in for regular updates on schedule of events in case of unexpected situations.
4. Candidate whose seat has been confirmed by JoSAA can Withdraw from the seat allocation process starting from the 2nd round and up to the 5th round of seat allocation before the last round of seat allocation (i.e., no Withdrawal will be allowed after 6 th November 2020).
5. Candidates who have not been allocated any seat by JoSAA can Exit from the seat allocation process starting from the 2nd round and up to the 5th round of seat allocation before the last round of seat allocation (i.e., no Exit will be allowed after 6 th November 2020).
6. (Only for IITs) Candidates who are allotted a seat for the first time in the 6th (FINAL) round of seat allocation may do the document verification and deposit of fees at the time of registration at the admitting IIT.
7. (Only for NIT+ System) Normally physical reporting at admitting institutes is mandatory for students who have accepted a seat in NITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and Other-GFTIs immediately after 6th round of seat allocation. In case, the situation does not permit the physical presence of candidate at admitting Institute the above process will be done online (for further details visit CSAB website http://www.csab.nic.in).
8. Details regarding beginning of academic sessions at IITs, NITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and Other-GFTIs will be available along with other Institutional information (e.g., fee structure etc.) at http://josaa.nic.in.
9. Delays or disruptions in service due to breakdown of JoSAA computer servers [due to reasons beyond the control of JoSAA-2020] shall be rectified as early as possible and notified on the web (jeeadv.ac.in OR http://josaa.nic.in). The decisions of JoSAA-2020 in this regard shall be final and binding.