Navodaya 9th Class Admission 2020-21: Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has been invited Online Applications to Join the Class IX during the academic year 2020-21 at navodaya.gov.in. The eligible students can check Navodaya 9th Class Entrance Exam notification and admission form. The last date to apply for the admission test is 10th December 2019.
In accordance with the National Policy of Education (1986), Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) all over the country except the state of Tamil Nadu. These are co-educational, residential schools, fully financed by Government of India and run by an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Though admission to Navodaya Vidyalayas is at Class VI level, in order to optimally utilize infrastructure facilities available, vacant seats at Class IX level are filled through an All India level Admission Test. While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniform and textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected from the students of Classes IX to XII only towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. Students belonging to SC/ST categories, Girl students and the students whose family income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted. Rs.1500/- per student per month is collected from all students whose parents are Govt. Employees. The last date to apply for the admission test is 10th December 2019.
Notification For Admission Test In Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas For Admission In Class Ix During 2020-21 Against Vacant Seats
In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and other facilities available in these Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill the vacant seats in Class IX through an All India level Admission Test. At present, there are 636 functional Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas spread over 28 States and 07 UTs.
Navodaya 9th Class Entrance Test 2020-21 – Important Dates:
|Online Application Starts From||24th October, 2019|
|Last date||10th December, 2019|
|Date of Examination||8th February, 2020|
VENUE & DATE OF THE SELECTION TEST
Selection Test for admission to Class IX will be conducted on Saturday, the 8th February 2020 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of concerned district/ any other centre allotted by NVS.
Date of Examination – Saturday 8th February 2020
Duration – 2 ½ hours (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM). However, in respect of candidates with special needs (Divyang), additional time of 30 minutes will be provided, subject to the production of certificates from the competent authority.
- Centre for examination shall be the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned/ any other centre allotted by NVS.
- Medium of Language for Examination will be English/Hindi.
- Students have to answer in OMR sheet
JNVST 9th Class ELIGIBILITY
- Only those candidates who are studying Class VIII during the Academic Session 2019-20 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
- Candidate appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2019-20 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2004 and 30.04.2008 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified are reserved for the SC/ST students. Tentative vacancy position mentioned in the notification may be referred.
SELECTION AND ADMISSION
- SELECTION AND ADMISSION 10.1 Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon candidate to secure admission into JNV till the candidate produces all the relevant certificates such as birth certificate, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate, if any, as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
- Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totalling.
- Candidates will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
- At the time of admission, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) Scheduled Tribes (STs) & Other Backward Classes (OBCs) categories will have to produce the required Scheduled Caste/Tribe or OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the candidates.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JNVST 9th CLASS ADMISSION 2020-21
Online applications may be submitted from 24 th October, 2019. The candidate may refer to NVS Hqrs. Website www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in or website of JNVs. Last date to apply for Class-IX Lateral Entry test is 10 th December 2019.
COMPOSITION OF THE TEST
Selection Test will consist of questions from the subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII.
Nature of the Selection Test
01. English – 15 Marks
02. Hindi – 15 Marks
03. Maths – 35 Marks
04. Science – 35 Marks
TOTAL: 100 Marks
The test will be of objective type with 2 ½ hours duration without any break. Merit List will be announced as per the NVS selection criteria.
RESULT OF SELECTION TEST
Result of the Selection Test may be noted from the application portal of NVS through which application is submitted. Result will be notified in the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published in the website of JNVs concerned.