PGECET 2014 Notification
Applications are invited for appearing Post-graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) for admission into M.E / M.Tech. / M.Pharm. / M. Arch. / Graduate level Pharm. D (P.B.) (Full Time) in University and Affiliated Engineering / Pharmacy Colleges in A.P. for the academic year 2014-2015 as per G.O.Ms.No.54 HE Dept (EC-2) dated: 21-06-2007 and amendments.
Download Hall Tickets Here
Download Notification Here
Download Syllabus Here
1. The candidate should of Indian Nationality.
2. The Candidate should satisfy the local/ non-local status requirements as laid down in the regulations of admission.
3. Candidate should obtain at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belongs to reserved category) in the qualifying examination.
Rs.250/- in case of SC / ST candidates)
Rs.500/- For others
In case a student wants to appear for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
Important Dates :
1. Issue of Notification : 28.02.2014
2. Date of commencement of online applications : 05.03.2014
3. Last Date for submission of online applications
Without late fee : 20.04.2014
With a late fee of Rs 500/- : 06.05.2014
With a late fee of Rs 2000/- : 14.05.2014
With a late fee of Rs 5000/- : 20.05.2014
With a late fee of Rs 10000/- : 24.05.2014
4. Downloading of Hall Tickets : 12.05.2014 to 24.05.2014
5. Examination Dates : 26.05.2014 to 29.05.2014
Pattern of PGECET-2014 Entrance Test :
PGECET-2014 examinations consist of each paper of 2 hours duration and carry a maximum of 120 marks.
All the question papers of PGECET-2014 will be of objective type with multiple choice questions.
Candidates have to mark the correct answer by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question on an Optical Mark Reader (OMR) with Black / Blue ink ball point pen only.
OMR Answer Sheets will be supplied along with the Question Booklet.
Instructions To Candidates:
1. Candidates are required to apply for PGECET-2014 test through Online only (printed hardcopy of the applications will not be accepted).
2. The application/ registration fee for the test is Rs. 500/- (Rs 250/- in case of SC/ST). In case a candidate wants to appear for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
3. Test is of two hour duration with 120 multiple choice objective type questions, carrying one mark for each question. The cut-off mark in the Common Entrance Test is 25% , in case of SC/ST there is no minimum marks.
4. The examination will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon in the morning session and 2.00PM to 4.00 PM for the afternoon sessions as per the Time Table given in Test Schedule.
5. The Question Papers will be in English only, syllabus of each test paper is given at annexure-A
6. Candidates must ensure themselves that they have chosen the correct test paper, which qualifies them to become eligible to seek admission to the specific program they are interested in. The details of the courses offered by the Universities along with specified eligibility for each course and test to be written is given at annexure-B. Candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission into the preferred program as given in annexure-B .
7. PGECET-2014 will be held at six different regional centers in the state i.e., Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Tirupathi, Warangal, Guntur, Anantapur.
8. As per AICTE the eligibility criterion for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy is 50% in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category). Further, the qualifying degree (Professional courses) obtained under distance mode must have AICTE approval.
9. Candidate should satisfy local/non local status requirements as per AP GO Ms No 153.
10. The Hall-Tickets are to be downloaded from the website www.appgecet.org. without Hall-Tickets the candidate will not be allowed into the test centre.
11. Separate Notification will be issued for admission based on GATE/GPAT Score.
12. A.P. State policy on reservation shall be followed in the PG admissions.
13. The candidate can apply for multiple tests. However, separate registration fee must be paid for each test.
14. Appearing in the test does not guarantee admission. The candidate has to satisfy all the requirements at the time of admission.
15. For further information contact PGECET Helpdesk. Contact no:040-27097124, emailid : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification / Fee Particulars
- Important Dates
- Examination Schedule
- Instructions to Candidate
- Information Booklet
- Test Papers
- Regional Centers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dates of Examinations:
Starts : 26 May 2014
Ends : 29 May 2014
Click here for detailed list
Official Website : www.appgecet.org