Telangana State (TS) Govt General and Optional Holidays for the year 2018
1. The Government of Telangana hereby notifies that during the year 2018 the days specified in Annexure-I (Part I) shall be observed as General Holidays by all the State Government Offices while the days for other occasions/ festivals which fall on Sundays are shown in Annexure-I (Part II) and also notify Optional Holidays for State Government offices as shown in Annexure-II( Part I) while the days for other occasions/ festivals falling on Sundays are shown in Annexure II (Part II).
2. The State Government directs that all offices under State Government shall remain closed on all Sundays and Second Saturdays in all the months during the year 2018, expect the Second Saturday (10.02.2018) in the month of February, 2018 in lieu of public holiday declared on 1st January, 2018.
3. In addition to the above mentioned General Holidays in Annexure I (Part I), the State Government employees may avail themselves of Optional Holidays not exceeding FIVE during the year 2018 on the festival/occasions specified in Annexure-II (Part I) to this order, at their option and irrespective of the religion to which the festival pertains. Permission to avail any of these holidays shall be applied for, in writing in advance and will normally be granted by the Superior Officer competent to grant casual leave except when the presence of an individual employee is considered necessary in exigencies of Government work.
4. The Government also directs that General Holidays shall not ipso-facto apply to the Industrial Establishment and Public Undertakings under the control of the State Government, the workmen engaged in Public Works Departments and Educational Institutions in this State. Separate orders regarding the festivals/occasions when these Institutions observe holidays shall be issued by the concerned Administrative Department of the Secretariat.
5. If there is any change of date in respect of Idu’l Fitar, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad as per the moon sight or any other holiday declared now, it shall be announced through electronic/print media. All the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and District Collectors shall take action according to such an announcement and without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
Telagnana State Govt General Holidays 2018
Telagnana State Govt Optional Holidays 2018
- 10th February, 2018 (Second Saturday) is working day in lieu of public holiday declared on 1st January, 2018.
- Tamil New Year’s day on 14.01.2018 (Sunday) which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Bhogi.
- Maharnavami on 17.10.2018 which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Durgastami.