GATE 2017 Notification, Eligibility, Pattern, Fee, Exam Dates @ gate.iitr.ernet.in, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 examination pattern, eligibility, date of examination, online application time lines, exam schedule released by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
GATE 2017 Notification, Eligibility, Pattern, Fee, Exam Dates @ gate.iitr.ernet.in
GATE 2017 – Information Brochure : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject in the exam across several years. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (e.g., M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The score may also be used by Public and Private Sector Undertakings for employment screening purposes.
The information in this brochure is mainly categorized into Pre-Examination (Eligibility, Application submission, Examination Centers, etc.), Examination (Syllabus, Pattern, Marks/Score, Model Question Papers, etc.) & Post-Examination (Answers, Results, Scorecard, etc.) sections.
Also Read : Gate 2017 Syllabus For EC, EE, ME, CS, CE, AE, IN, CH, AG
The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Indian Institute of Science (IISc)) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IIT Roorkee. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2017 is IIT Roorkee (Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee).
Gate 2017 Poster Official
The Organizing Institute for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017) is Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Dates of Examination – Gate 2017 Important Dates
Gate 2017 Going to Conduct On Saturdays and Sundays between 4, 5, 11, 12 February 2017. The exact schedule will be given on the GATE 2017 Given Below…
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 4, 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 16, 2016 (Wednesday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||January 5, 2017 (Thursday)|
|GATE 2017 Online Examination||Tentative Dates February 4 (Saturday) to February 12 (Sunday), 2017|
|Announcement of GATE Results on the Online Application Website||March 27, 2017 (Monday)|
Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2017 score will be valid for a period of THREE YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results.
Eligibility: Gate 2017
Only the following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathemat-ics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Exam Pattern f Gate 2017
Examinations for all the papers shall be conducted in ONLINE mode only (Computer Based Test).
Application For Gate 2017
- Candidates have to apply only ONLINE
- ₹ 750 for the SC / ST / PwD category candidates
- ₹ 750 for women candidates
- ₹ 1500 for all other candidates
The application fee has to be paid only online either through e-challan or through net banking.
Application Time Lines
Submission of Application and supporting documents
Starting Date: September 1, 2016 (Thursday)
Ending Date : October 4, 2016 (Tuesday)
How to Apply Gate 2017
All candidates must apply ONLINE. Further details and ONLINE application form can be obtained by accessing any
of the GATE/JAM zonal websites (or by scanning the image below using a QR reader facility that is available on many mobile phones).
More Details About IIT’s & Their Websites
Institute – Web address
IISc Bangalore – gate.iisc.ernet.in
IIT Bombay – www.gate.iitb.ac.in
IIT Delhi – gate.iitd.ac.in
IIT Guwahati – www.iitg.ernet.in/gate
IIT Kanpur – gate.iitk.ac.in
IIT Kharagpur – gate.iitkgp.ac.in
IIT Madras – gate.iitm.ac.in
IIT Roorkee – www.iitr.ac.in/gate
Basic Features Gate 2017
1. Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
2. Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
3. GATE 2017 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 4th February 2017 to 12th February 2017. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2017 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
4. For GATE 2017 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
5. The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
6. The admit cards for GATE 2017 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2017 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
For More Details Visit Gate 2017 Official Website : http://gate.iitr.ernet.in