JNTUA Info About Mid, Internal, End, Backlog Exams (I, II, III & IV Years)
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur expresses its greetings to all the Management members, Principal, Faculty members and students of this University. Stay safe and Healthy. This University in tune with UGC and AICTE has contemplated for conducting classwork and examinations for the students studying in Constituent, Autonomous and Affiliated institutions. Accordingly, the guidelines are given as follows.
1. Internal examinations for I, II and III year (II Mid exams)
- Internal examination (II Mid exams) will be conducted along with End exams.
- Students will be promoted to next year giving the credit exemptions for this year only.
- Internal marks will be awarded for these years at later time, after conducting the II Mid exam.
2. Internal examination for the IV year students
Internal examination (II Mid) will be conducted along with End exams from September onwards based on the COVID-19 scenario. Internal marks will be awarded for these years at later time, after conducting the II Mid exam.
3. End examinations for I, II & III years
Examinations may be conducted at later time, when normalcy is restored. However, students may be promoted to the next corresponding years by giving exemptions to the credits as on the date of promotion.
4. End examinations for the IV year students
- Final term and also Mid-term examinations will be conducted in the month of September onwards.
- No jumbling system and students can opt for nearby places near to their residents to write examinations.
- Examinations for different disciplines will be given different dates All affiliated institutions and autonomous institutions will take care of conducting the examinations as per the precautionary steps given by JNTUA and UGC.
5. Viva voce Examinations for B.Tech / M.Tech / B.Pharm / M.Pharm / M.B.A / M.C.A & Ph.D. & Comprehensive Viva voce
Viva Voce will be conducted online with necessary recording facility by the concerned institutions as per the norms of the University (Item 8.3 (b)).
6. Backlog subjects
- The students of the terminal semester having backlogs will be examined as per the norms of the University from the month of September onwards. No credit exemptions for the terminal semester students.
- However, students having backlogs for I, 11 & III years will be conducted when normalcy is restored.
7. Commencement of classwork
As per AICTE guidelines online classes will be commenced for existing students from 17-08-2020 onwards.
8. Attendance for theory classes
Attendance for online classes as per the UGC guidelines will be added to offline attendance.
9. Attendance for the laboratory classes
Cumulative attendance will be considered based on number of practical classes attended before lockdown.