JNTUH Conduct of PG project Viva Exams in Online/Video Conferencing Mode – Reg
The Principals of the Engineering and Pharmacy colleges offering M.Tech., M.Pharm., MBA, MCA and Pharm.D courses are informed to note that, due to continuation of lockdown(due to Covid-19 pandemic), the PG project-viva exams are to be conducted in online/Video Conferencing mode only. The rules and procedures for conducting the online viva exams are identical to that of B.Tech. & B.Pharm. project viva examinations (ref. 1 cited above). Further the following additional points may be noted:
- The external examiners need to download the project report softcopy from the url communicated by the Examination branch and thoroughly go through the project report and asses its quality.
- The quality of the project report should be one of the evaluation parameters while awarding the marks in the external project viva-voce examination.
- The internal examiner has to verify the hard-copy submitted by the students with the softcopy uploaded to the University portal. The internal examiner should certify that the contents presented in both the softcopy version and hard-copy version are identical.
- The Principal / OIE should appraise the points 1 & 2above to the external examiners, while speaking to fix the schedule (date and time) of the project viva exam.
- The student video mode must be set-on and all members of the committee must present during the project viva exam. Entire video during the project-viva exams must be recorded.
- The internal examiner and other committee members, after discussion with the external examiner, shall finalize the project viva-voce examination marks of each candidate and upload to the University portal. The external examiner shall freeze the marks after thorough verification.
- After freezing the marks, the printout of the award list need to be taken and filed at the examination section of the College.
- There is no need to send the signed award list to the University Examination Branch.
Your cooperation is highly solicited.