JNTUK R19 3-2 Wired and Wireless Transmission Devices Material PDF Download
Students those who are studying JNTUK R19 ECE Branch, Can Download Unit wise R19 3-2 Wired and Wireless Transmission Devices (W&WTD) Material/Notes PDFs below.
JNTUK R19 3-2 Wired and Wireless Transmission Devices Material/Notes PDF Download
- understand the applications of the electromagnetic waves in freespace.
- introduce the working principles of various types ofantennas
- discuss the major applications of antennas with an emphasis on how antennas are employed to meet electronic systemrequirements.
- understand the concepts of radio wave propagation in theatmosphere.
MICROWAVE TRANSMISSION LINES: Introduction, Microwave Spectrum and Bands, Applicationsof Microwaves. Rectangular Waveguides – TE/TM mode analysis, Expressions for Fields, Characteristic Equation and Cut-off Frequencies, Filter Characteristics, Dominant and Degenerate Modes, Sketches of TE and TM mode fields in the cross-section, Mode Characteristics – Phase and Group Velocities, Wavelengths and Impedance Relations; Power Transmission and Power Losses in Rectangular Guide, Impossibility of TEM mode.Related Problems, Excitation techniques-waveguides
MICROSTRIP LINES– Introduction, Z0 Relations, Effective Dielectric Constant, Losses, Q factor
Download UNIT-1 Material PDF | Reference-2
ANTENNA FUNDAMENTALS: Introduction, Radiation Mechanism – single wire, 2 wire, dipoles, Current Distribution on a thin wire antenna. Antenna Parameters – Radiation Patterns, Patterns in Principal Planes, Main Lobe and Side Lobes, Beam widths, Polarization, Radiation Intensity, Directivity, Gain Antenna Apertures, Aperture Efficiency, Effective Height, illustrated Problems.
Download UNIT-2 Material PDF | Reference-2
THIN LINEAR WIRE ANTENNAS: Retarded Potentials, Radiation from Small Electric Dipole, Quarter wave Monopole and Half wave Dipole – Current Distributions, Evaluation of Field Components, Power Radiated, Radiation Resistance, Beam widths, Directivity, Effective Area and Effective Height, Antenna Theorems – Applicability and Proofs for equivalence of directional characteristics, Loop Antennas: Small Loops – Field Components, Concept of short magnetic dipole, D and Rr relations for smallloops.
ANTENNA ARRAYS: Principle of Pattern Multiplication, N element Uniform Linear Arrays – Broadside, End-fire Arrays, Binomial Arrays, Arrays with Parasitic Elements. YagiUda Arrays, Folded Dipoles and theircharacteristics.
Download UNIT-3 Material PDF | Reference-2
NON-RESONANT RADIATORS: Introduction, Traveling wave radiators, Long wire antennas, Rectangular Patch Antennas –Geometry and Parameters, Impact of different parameters on characteristics. Helical Antennas, Geometry, basic properties
VHF, UHF AND MICROWAVE ANTENNAS: Reflector Antennas: Corner Reflectors. Parabolic Reflectors – Geometry, characteristics, types of feeds, F/D Ratio, Spill Over, Back Lobes, Aperture Blocking, Cassegrain Feeds. Horn Antennas – Types, Optimum Horns, Lens Antennas – Geometry, Features, Dielectric Lenses and Zoning, Applications.
Download UNIT-4 Material PDF | Reference-2
WAVE PROPAGATION: Concepts of Propagation – frequency ranges and types of propagations. Ground Wave Propagation–Characteristics, Fundamental Equation for FreeSpace Propagation, Basic Transmission Loss Calculations, Space Wave Propagation– Mechanism, LOS and Radio Horizon, Tropospheric Wave Propagation – Radius of Curvature of path, Effective Earth’s Radius, Effect of Earth’s Curvature, Field Strength Calculations.
ANTENNA MEASUREMENTS – Patterns, Set Up, Distance Criterion, Directivity, VSWR, Impedance and Gain Measurements (Comparison, Absolute and 3-Antenna Methods)
Download UNIT-5 Material PDF | Reference-2
- Electromagnetic Waves and Radiating Systems – E.C. Jordan and K.G. Balmain, PHI, 2 nd Edition,2000.
- Antennas and wave propagation- Sisir K Das, Annapurna Das, TMH,2013.
- Antennas – John D. Kraus, McGraw-Hill, 2nd Edition,1988.
- Transmission and Propagation – E.V.D. Glazier and H.R.L. Lamont, The Services Text Book of Radio, vol. 5, Standard Publishers Distributors,Delhi,2009.
- Antennas and wave propagation by Prof G S N Raju, Pearsion Publications, First impression,2016
- Identify basic antennaparameters.
- Design and analyze wire antennas, loop antennas, reflector antennas, lens antennas, horn antennas and micro stripantennas
- Quantify the fields radiated by various types ofantennas
- Design and analyze antennaarrays
- Analyze antenna measurements to assess antenna’sperformance
- Identify the characteristics of radio wavepropagation