JNTUK Revaluation by Challenge for Pre Ph.D examinations -reg
JNTUK Revaluation by Challenge for Pre Ph.D examinations-Reg
Proceedings No. JNTUK /DE/Pre. Ph.D Challenge Valuation/ dated 10-10-2014.
Sub: JNTUK – Examination Section – Revaluation by Challenge for Pre Ph.D examinations – Reg.
Ref: Note File approval of the Hon’ble Vice – Chancellor, dt. 08.10.2014.
Presently, Revaluation by challenge facility is applicable for all UG & PG examinations conducted by the University.
The results of Pre Ph.D examinations conducted in August 2014 have been released in the month of September 2014. Many representations are received from the research students to extend Revaluation by challenge facility to them also.
Under the circumstances stated above, Vice – Chancellor is pleased to extend the Revaluation by challenge facility to the research scholars appearing for Pre Ph.D examinations.
The modalities of Challenge valuation are specified below:
- A Challenging fee of Rs. 10,000/- for subject is to be paid by the candidate for revaluation by challenge.
- The revaluation will be carried out by a committee consisting of three subject experts out of which one expert shall be the choice of research scholar (preferably suggested by Supervisor / Co-supervisor).
- The other two subject experts are nominated by the University.
- The candidate will forfeit the challenging fee if the difference in the marks given by the committee is less than 15% of the maximum marks compared to the earlier marks.
- If the marks are more than 15% and there is a change in the status i.e fail to pass, the challenge valuation fee will be returned to the candidate.
- After the challenge valuation, if the marks are more than 15% and there is a change in the status i.e fail to pass, the new marks will be awarded, otherwise, the previous marks will remain.
- The required fee shall be paid in the form of Demand Draft favouring “Registrar, JNTUK, Kakinada”.
- All the requests by the candidates have to be submitted in person / by post to Director of Evaluation, JNTUK, Kakinada on or before 31.10.2014.
Download Official Notification Here – Revaluation by Challenge for Pre Ph.D examinations