Kartavya UGC National Essay Competition Registration, Eligbility, Prizes: Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal launches website, invites students for National Essay Competition On the occasion of the Constitution Day.
Kartavya UGC National Essay Competition Registration, Eligbility, Prizes @ kartavya.ugc.ac.in
Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal informed that the Department of Higher Education will be holding eleven rounds of National Essay Competitions during the year and the topics of the essay will be based on one Fundamental Duty every month.
Minister of State for HRD Sanjay Dhotre, who was also present at the event, said that all of us are conscious of our rights guaranteed by the Constitution, but duties enshrined in the Constitution do not get the same attention. Therefore, this awareness campaign is for sensitising people regarding their duties towards the society and the nation has been launched on the occasion of Constitution Day.
National Essay Competitions on Indian Constitution and Fundamental Duties
The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of HRD, in association with UGC, is organizing 11 rounds of National Essay Competition as part of the year long Fundamental Duties Awareness campaign of Govt of India to commemorate the 70th year of adoption of our Constitution. There will be one National Essay Competition every month, based on one Fundamental Duty. All students enrolled in any Higher Educational Institution in India are eligible to participate.
The details of the National Essay Competition are as follows :
Should be a student of any Higher Education Institution in India
National Essay Competition Registration
on Portal kartavya.ugc.ac.in
- Online exam in designated centres
- Applicants can choose centre from drop down menus
- 2 hours duration
- Essay has to be written online
- Language – Hindi or English ( English can be written online, For Hindi paper will be provided at the exam centre, after writing essay will be scanned at the exam centre and uploaded )
- It has to be proctored exam
- Experts will be identified in advance
- Essays will be sent online and (blind) evaluated online
- There shall be no costs on the participants
National Essay Competition Prizes
- There will be 4 prizes: Rs. 15,000, Rs. 12,000, Rs. 10,000 and Rs 7500, along with certificates
Subject for the first competition – “TO ABIDE BY THE CONSTITUTION AND RESPECT ITS IDEALS AND INSTITUTIONS, THE NATIONAL FLAG AND THE NATIONAL ANTHEM” (Topic will be announced on the spot )
Students of higher education institutions, interested in the National Essay Competition are requested to fill-in the ‘Student Registration Form’ as under: