The Ministry of Human Resource Development offers merit scholarship for the eligible aspirants to encourage them in their education. The MHRD merit scholarship was effective from 31st March 2007 onwards. This is the national level scholarship scheme offered in many states across the country. Under the MHRD Scholarship scheme students who are pursuing Class XII of 10+2 to those who are in the level of Post-graduation will be benefited with the financial assistance. The Central Government also offers another scholarship scheme in the name of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University. Students who belong to poor families can enroll in the MHRD Scholarship assistance to continue their education.
MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019-20 Apply Online – Application Form Registration, Eligibility & Procedure
Students enrolled for the merit scholarship will be awarded the scholarship based on their senior secondary examination. The MHRD offer scholarship for 82000 new students every year. The scholarship will be distributed equally for boys and girls. Students of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses who need financial help will be supported by MHRD. Also, the merit scholarship will be offered for the merit students who perform well in their academics.
Students pursuing various courses such as Engineering, Medical, Para-medical, Polytechnic, Biotechnology, and other courses will be entitled to get the scholarship. The scholarships will be distributed in various parts of the state. Students who are in the age limit of 18 to 25 years can get the scholarship.
Students of CBSE and CISCE will be offered the scholarship by MHRD. MHRD Merit Scholarship will be offered for passed-out students from the Science, Commerce, and Humanities streams will be entitled to the scholarship in a ratio of 3:2:1. Students can check the eligibility and application process information from this article.
MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
|Date of Opening
|Closing date of Receipt Applications
|last date of verification of applications by the institutions
|last date of verification of applications by State Education Boards
Rate of NSP Scholarships
- INR 1000 per month for the three years at the undergraduate level.
- INR 2000 per month if the students are pursuing their post-graduation.
- INR 2000 per month while they are pursuing their 4th and 5th year of studies of various professional courses.
MHRD National Merit Scholarships to TSBIE & AP Colleges
MHRD Offered 2,570 merit scholarship in Telangana state this year. Intermediate qualified students have qualified to get the scholarship. The merit scholarship will be offered for 5 years. Students will get the scholarship of INR 10,000 per year. The scholarship will be doubled in the next 2 years, that is INR 20,000 will be offered for the selected students. Students who pass the Intermediate course in March 2019 will be offered the scholarship. 6,670 students will be offered a scholarship from Telangana state this year.
MHRD Merit Scholarship Fresh and Renewal Dates
|Last Date for submission of Fresh applications by students for the A.Y. 2019-20, Date
|Last date for 1st Renewal of 2018-19 batch – Date
|Last date for 2nd Renewal of 2017-18 batch – Date
|Last date for 3rd Renewal of 2016-17 batch – Date
|Last date for 4th Renewal of 2015-16 batch – Date
The selected students get the sum through DBT Transfer. The scholarships will be transferred digitally in a fast manner for the beneficiaries. The Government launched a system called the Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System or CPSMS for transferring the scholarships. The CPSMS handles the payment modules prevailing in the country. These include the Electronic Clearance Service, The National Electronic Clearance Service, Aadhaar Payment Bridge, and National Electronic Funds Transfer.
Who Can Apply for MHRD Merit Scholarship
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has fixed the eligibility criteria to get the merit scholarship. TSBIE offers the merit scholarship on behalf of MHRD in the state of Telangana. Students who wish to check the details of MHRD merit scholarship can check the details of eligibility criteria, application process details from this article. Students who have completed their Intermediate and going to appear for medical, engineering, and other degree courses can proceed to apply for MHRD merit scholarship.
- The selected students must score above 80th percentile in the stream that he/she is pursuing in the XII standard.
- The affiliating body should be AICTE, DCI or MCI approved and recognized colleges.
- Applicant’s family annual income should not exceed INR 8 lakhs.
- The students must pursue his/her studies in regular mode only. No correspondence or distance learners will be entertained for such scholarships.
- The authority will recommend the validity of the selected students based on his/her awarding with another scholarship too
How to Apply For MHRD Merit Scholarship
Eligible aspirants who pass the Plus 2/Intermediate with 80 percentile can apply for the MHRD Scholarship. Candidates can apply through the National Scholarship portal. Candidates can apply through the recommended application portals to get a particular scholarship. MHRD also provides the scholarships for master’s degree students. The web portal of MHRD India is known as Sakshat, provides the information of all the educational scholarships, eligibility, and application process. To be declared eligible for Government Grants, an individual will have to submit a copy of his/her Aadhaar Card. Instead of that, proofing the authorization towards the Aadhaar is possible too.
Steps to register For MHRD Merit Scholarship 2019
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship.
- Clicking the button named ‘New Registration.’
- Go through the guidelines for registration
- Click ‘Continue.’
- A new page would appear; fill your details.
- Enter the details of Aadhaar Card, as well as Bank Account details. Mandatory columns have to be filled.
- After the application process is done, you will get a student registration ID. Keep the ID safe for future enquires and other purposes.
- The login ID and password that were used to log into the NSP portal are deemed to become the Application ID and DOB respectively.
- Candidates filling the application form will get an OTP of 5 digits in your registered mobile number. Confirmation of the OTP will help you to change the password you provided to another one.
- Clicking the ‘Apply’ button will require you to declare the registration, academic, and other basic details.
- After specifying the details applicants have to click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button to switch over to the next page. The next page will show the ‘Contact Details and Scheme Details.’
Specify the Details of;
- Your contact details
- Based on your eligibility criteria, appropriate schemes will be displayed
- You will have to select the scheme and fill the form with required details
- Re-check all the entries you have made
- Click on the ‘Final Submit’ button. It is better to take a print for further reference and as an acknowledgment.
The Required Documents For Applying For MHRD Merit Scholarship
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- Voter identity card
- Permanent Account Number
- Driving License
- Application made for Aadhaar enrolment
- Identity Card issued by the college or institute or university.
- Certificate of identity having a photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead;
- Any other documents specified in the notification
MHRD Merit Scholarship Renewal procedure
For students of Academic Year 2015 and onwards:
Students who have passed Class XII and have received fresh/renewal scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) have to visit the National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in to apply/renewal scholarships.
For students of Academic Year before 2015:
Students who have passed Class XII before 2015, have to obtain the renewal application blank form from the respective State Education Boards. Students have to submit their respective certificate at their school.
- The student must have to secure 50 % or more marks in the previous exam,
- A student must have 75 % attendance
- A student is not involved in any ragging activities.
Renewal applications sent directly to the Ministry of Human Resource Development shall not be accepted. In case of any grievances/complaint regarding the above scheme, approach the helpline number of NSP.
National Scholarship Provisional Allotted List
NSP will release the provisional merit list after accepting applications from the students. Based on their eligibility the merit list will be prepared by the NSP. Students can check the merit list by visiting the NSP portal with their roll numbers.