NEET UG Counselling 2020 Dates – Registration, Seat Allotment Schedule @


NEET UG Counselling 2020 Dates: National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the NEET UG Counselling schedule 2020 for Registration, seat allotment, results on its official portal, This year huge Number of candidates have appeared for the NEET examination. Qualified aspirants can apply for the NEET Counselling process, which is going to be held from 27th October. Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is going to conduct the NEET Counselling 2020. The counseling is going to be conducted for 15% All India Quota seats. Whereas the remaining 85% of seats will be filled by the corresponding states. Candidates qualified the NEET exam will have to submit the choices for colleges and courses initially. After that, the document verification round will take place. NTA will offer admission on the basis of merit, cutoff marks percentile, and all India rank secured the aspirants. NEET Counselling registration, the choice filling process will start in the 3rd week of June and the 1st round of counseling will be held Shortly. Hence the qualified aspirants can visit the NTA NEET official website, or MCC official website, to check the NEET counseling process 2020 related information.

NEET UG Counselling 2020 Dates – Registration, Seat Allotment Schedule @

NEET Counselling 2020

The National Testing Agency (NTA) annually hosts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for aspirants desirous to get admission into MBBS/BDS courses in Medical colleges across India. Yearly a huge number of candidates are going to appear for the test. Candidates compete to get admission into various medical courses such as MBBS/BDS in Medical & Dental Colleges with the approval of Medical courses of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. There are overall 95000 seats (65,000 MBBS & 25,000 BDS) seats are available in Government, Private medical colleges and deemed universities in India. Candidates need to qualify the NEET examination with the best score to get admission in any of the colleges.  The NTA NEET is the central level examination that is going to be conducted across India. This year NTA organized the NEET examination in 154 examination centers across the nation with high safety measures.

NEET UG Counselling Schedule  2020 – Important Details:

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Conducting AuthorityNational Testing Agency (NTA)
Name of the ExaminationNational Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
Academic session2020-201
CategoryNEET Counselling 2020
1st Round counseling Starts From27th October
2nd Phase counseling Starts From18th November
MOP-UP ROUND counseling Starts From10th December

NEET UG Counselling Schedule 2020

Qualified candidates can check the NEET Counselling schedule 2020 clearly from the following table for All India Quota, Deemed universities, and state counseling dates for NEET qualified aspirants.


neet ug counselling 2020 dates

NEET Seats Reservation

  • 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates.
  • 5% seats are reserved for ST candidates.
  • 2% for reserved for OBC candidates.
  • For EWS is subjected to norms of Ministry.

NEET Counselling Conducting Authorities

NEET counseling will be conducted by the following authorities.

NEET Counselling TypeConducting Body
1. All India Quota (AIQ) Seats (except in J&K) (15% seats)DGHS, on behalf of MCC (Counselling Body)
2. Seats at Deemed and Central Universities (100% seats)DGHS, on behalf of MCC (Counselling Body)
3. IP Quota seats in ESIC CollegesDGHS, on behalf of MCC (Counselling Body)
4. Seats at Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune (Counselling Body)
5. State Quota Seats and State Private Colleges (85% seats)Respective State Counselling Authorities

How the NEET Merit List is prepared?

  • Candidates scoring a minimum of 50th percentile in the NEET examination will be taken into consideration.
  • Merit list will be prepared with the required number of candidates. But if the required number of candidates fail to do so, the central government in consultation with MCI and DCI may lower the minimum required marks at its own discretion.
  • Lastly, aspirants must have passed individually in Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry, and English. Additionally, they must have a minimum of 50% marks in all these subjects counted together.

NEET Counselling 2020 Registration Process

The counseling process will be held for 15% All-India quota seats and 85% state admissions. MCC conducts the counselling for 15% of all India quota seats, under which the admissions will be offered for Central and Deemed Universities, seats reserved for Wards of Insured Persons (IP quota) in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges and seats available at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune. The state-level counseling process will be conducted by the respective state authorities in scheduled dates.

Candidates qualified the NEET 2020 with required percentile, and cutoff marks can register for the NEET counseling process. Candidates have to pay the counseling fee at the time of registration and the fee will not be refundable. Visit the MCC official portal, for registration and other information.

Steps to register for NEET Counselling 2020:

  • Initially, Visit the MCC official portal, and click on ‘UG Medical Counselling’ link.
  • Click on the ‘New Registration’ link, which appears on the left side of the page.
  • Enter the details required and then click ‘Submit’.
  • A new Roll No. and Password will be generated. Use these credentials to register for NEET Counselling.
  • Revisit the website and select ‘Candidate login’.
  • Enter your Roll number and Password. Tap on Submit button.
  • Now, the candidate has to provide the details of name, roll number, mobile number, registration number and mother name, etc. And click on the ‘Submit’ button.
  • After this, you will be shown all your details as per the NTA database.
  • Check the details and click on ‘Confirm Registration’.
  • A Registration Slip will be generated. Now you can take a printout of the registration page.

After the registration process has been completed, the candidates will get the updates regarding the counseling process.

Payment of NEET Counselling Registration Fee

After the NEET registration, candidates have to pay the registration fee online. Using any debit/credit cards, aspirants can pay the registration fee. There is a refundable and non-refundable application fee. Check the details from the following.

Non-Refundable Registration Fee
15% AIQ/ Central UniversitiesFee
Unreserved CategoryINR 1,000
Deemed UniversitiesFee
All CategoriesINR 5,000
Refundable Tuition Fee
15% AIQ/ Central UniversitiesFee
Unreserved CategoryINR 10,000
Deemed UniversitiesFee
All CategoriesINR 2,00,000

Choice filling and locking:

Candidates can select the options of colleges after payment of the fee. After locking up the choices, click on the ‘Save’ button to lock the choices.

Seat allotment result:

Candidates will get the seat allotment result after a few days after choice filling. The candidates will be intimated through SMS or email options regarding the seat allotment, course, and college details.

Report to the allotted college:

Candidates allotted admission will have to report at the allotted colleges within the dates announced by the authority.

Documents Required for NEET Counselling

Candidates have to carry the following documents.

  • NEET Rank Letter
  • NEET Admit Card
  • ID Proof
  • Class 10 or 12 certificate and mark sheet
  • 8 passport sized photographs (Same as the one affixed on the application form)
  • Domicile Proof (only for state quota seats)
  • Provisional Allotment letter generated online
  • Category Certificate (if applicable)

All India Quota Seats Counselling:

The DGHS will conduct the counseling for 15% AIQ MBBS/BDS seats. After the second round gets over, the remaining seats (if any) are transferred back to the states.

State Quota Counselling:

15% of seats in AIQ will be filled initially and the remaining 85% seats will be filled by medical and dental colleges of state-level colleges. The counseling for 85% of seats will be done for 3 rounds and the final mop-up round will also be held.

Deemed/Central Universities Counselling:

Central and deemed universities will provide admission for NEET qualified candidates. DGHS conducts 2 rounds of counseling followed by a mop-up round.

AFMC and IP Wards for ESIC counseling:

There are MBBS/BDS seats in AFMC, Pune and those reserved for Insured Person (IP) wards in ESIC colleges for which DGHS conducts counseling for admission to medical courses.

Private College Counselling:

Private colleges will also provide admission for MBBS and BDS courses for NEET qualified aspirants. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and mop-up rounds of counseling process will be held to offer admissions for the students. The private colleges offer admission irrespective of their domicile or state.

Previous articleJNTUA MBA / MCA II Sem I, II Mid & Lab Exams Oct/Nov 2020 – Important Circular
Next articleJNTUK PC Application Form (R16) Download – Provisional Cerificate Form


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here