PM Scholarship Scheme 2020 – Apply Online, Eligibility, Application Process: Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi has introduced the ‘Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme’ to benefit the wards and widows of Ex/ Serving Army/Navy or Air Force personnel for their higher technical and professional education.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2020 – Apply Online, Eligibility, Application Process
Under the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020, 50% of seats will be reserved for female candidates. The male candidates will receive Rs. 30,000 every year while the female candidates will receive Rs. 36,000 every year under Prime Minister Scholarship scheme. The scholarship will be offered for only selected UG and PG courses for the eligible aspirants. Candidates seeking to continue their higher students can check the complete details of the PM Scholarship scheme such as the eligibility criteria, application process, required documents, key features, selection process, and important dates information from the following.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020: Key Features of the scheme
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme is only for, wards and widows of Ex/ Serving Army/Navy or Air Force personnel. It will also apply to widows of those armed forces personnel who lost their lives in the line of duty.
- This is the central government scheme, will be implemented all over across the Nation.
- The central government will award financial grants to 5500 applicants every year.
- The male candidates will receive Rs. 30,000 every year while the female candidates will receive Rs. 36,000 every year.
- Each applicant can only fill the form for this scheme for one course.
- The scholarship will be offered for a time period of 1 to 5 years to each candidate, depending on the courses they are pursuing.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested to pursue the higher studies [and wards and widows of Ex/ Serving Army/Navy or Air Force personnel] having the 60% aggregate marks in their previous study.
The scholarship will be provided only for specific undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses. Students must score 50% in their 1st-year education, otherwise, their scholarship will get canceled.
The Prime Minister scholarship is also not valid for those who wish to study abroad.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020: Documents required
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Academic Certificates
- Bank Account details
- Certificate from the dean of the Higher Education institute
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020: Selection criteria
In order to award the Prime Minister scholarships, the Government follows the below-mentioned order.
- Widows or dependent wards of ex-servicemen or members of coast guard force who lost their lives while in action
- Children or widows of those ex-servicemen or coast guard force, who suffered from any injury while on duty and were rendered disabled
- Family members of those soldiers whose death was caused by army related causes while on duty
- Family members of former soldiers, who suffered from any injury became disabled
- Candidates whose husbands or fathers were able to come to the service of the nation and received any gallantry awards
- Children and widows of former coast guard members, as well as ex-servicemen, will also be selected who fall in “Personnel Below Officer Rank” category
Prime Minister Scholarship Apply Online & Application Dates 2020
PM scholarship scheme 2020 official website is scholarships.gov.in
The last date to apply for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 is October 15, 2020.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020: How to apply for the scholarship
- Initially, Visit the official website of the PM scholarship scheme scholarships.gov.in
- Select Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme and click on apply now
- Fill up the application form with all required details such as name, ESM service number, academic details, age, and other details.
- The application has to be filled in two parts. After each part is filled, click on ‘Submit’ to save the application
- After the forms are studied by the authorities, the selected candidates will be informed.