Return of Original Certificates to Students in case students discontinues / cancels the admissions


Return of Original Certificates of  Students: Subject: Technical Education – Private Unaided Professional Colleges – AICTE Approval Process Hand Rook 2017 – Return of original Certificates of students – Reg.

Ref: Several complaints received from students and parents on receiving their original certificates from the colleges.

Return of Original Certificates to Students in case students discontinues / cancels the admissions

It is to inform that several complaints have been received by this office from students and their parents stating that the managements of various professional colleges are demanding fee for the subsequent years /more than the prescribed fee for issuing the original certificates to the students who discontinues their course.

In this regard, it is to inform to all Affiliating Universities that the AICTE in its Approval Process Hand Book 2017-18 under Chapter IV ie., Penal Action in case of Violation of Regulations/ Approval Process Handbook 2017-13, SI No. 11 (page nos. 54 & 55) mentioned about the Refund cases and also the punitive actions in case of not following the guidelines issued by AICTE.

The AICTE in the above reference has clearly mentioned that “In case the vacated seat is not filled, the Institution should refund the security deposit and return the original documents. Institution should not demand fee for the subsequent years from, the students cancelling their admission at any point of time. Fee refund along with the return of Certificates should be completed within 7 days”.

The Registrars of the affiliating Universities in the State of AP are requested to inform the above mentioned provision of AICTE to all their affiliated colleges and to instruct them to follow scrupulously, failing which the matter shall be placed before Government & AICTE with a recommendation not to accord further Approvals for that institution.

Download Official Notification Here: Click Here

Previous articleJNTUA MCA VI Sem Academic Calendar for A.Y 2017-18 (For 2015 Admitted Batch)
Next articleTNSET 2018 Notification, Exam Date, Online Application Form @


  1. Sir iam studying in CMR technical campus Hyderabad I want to discontinue my degree I left my 10 th marksheet and they asking whole 4 years fees please help me sir how to get my certificate back

  2. Respected sir,
    My name is Afreen ,I joined MBA in KSRM college of engineering, Kadapa district ..I discontinue my studies due to financial problem.. I left my SSC, intermediate and degree original certificates..They are asking me pay 2years … please help me sir how could I return my certificates please help me sir..

  3. Sir.. I joined in degree Raja college bobbili, vizianagaram district.. I discontinued my studies due to financial problems..i left my SSC original certificate.. They are asking me to pay 2 years fees… Please help me sir how I could return my certificate?

  4. Sir iam recently joined in nallamallareddi engineering college for mtech. But due to my family problems I want to cancel my admission But the college demand two years fee otherwise my certificates will not give back Please sir? help me Name :thotakoori Suman S/o somoiah Mtech branch :cnis College code NMREC DIVYANAGAR

  5. I am first year btech student studying in jntuk affiliated college . Due to some major health problems like internal organs injuries i have to discontinue my course . My college is demanding 4 yrs fee for documents. Please somebody help me in getting my documents back

  6. I want to discontinue my now i'm studying b. Tech 2yr.. They are asking fees of 3rd and 4year.. My college is under jntua can u help me please.. Help me without paying money..

    • I have discontinued my in 3rd year they are saying to pay the final year fees to get back original certificates

    • I have joined b pharmacy 2013 in holy Mary, I discontinued in first year now if I'm asking for certification, there are saying me to pay four years fees, please help me

  7. I discontinued my Engineer in 2 year.
    Now i need my certificates back, but I have taken my seat in management quota. So ther is same process for the management students And as well as convenor quota students

  8. Hi my name is Jyothi .I discontinued my btech in 3rd year(3-1) sem in jntu-k affiliated. college. Now iam asking to give my original certificates back .but they are demanding the fees for my 3rd and final year fees also . If am asking about this rule they are telling they don't know about the rule I have to pay the fees for subsequent years fees also please help me how to proceed with this rule thank you

    • Hii I am studying btech 2nd I like to discontinued my btech but my CLG staff saying me to pay 3rd and 4th year fee. if I say any rules they r saying .we will not give. wht u like to do u do. I think this rules r not useful to students. If it really useful to students please help me I am in gvic in madhanpalli it is under junta


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here